Ask a Trainer...
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can Employee Health Agreements be kept digitally?
Yes, as long as employees understand and acknowledge that they aren’t allowed in the facility if they have one of the 6 illnesses. Also, as long as you are able to access the information and show it to the inspector. ·
2. What is the process for submitting a list of items that a restaurant uses Time as a public health control?
The written procedures must identify the food, method of tracking the food once removed from temperature control, and the process to destroy foods held for more than four hours. The food shall have an initial temperature of 41°F (5°C) or less when removed from cold holding temperature control, or 135°F (57°C) or greater when removed from hot holding temperature control. (Log Sheet available via email request to [email protected])
3. Are cooling logs mandatory? If so, how long should they be kept on file?
Cooling logs are not mandatory·
4. Are restaurants allowed to use ROP for marinating meats?
Yes, restaurants are allowed to use ROP if it is done for less than 72 hours. After the 72 hour frame, you will need to have a standard operating procedure for such (HAACP) plan.
5. Can employees wear a headband or scarf for hair covering?
Employees may wear a headband and/or scarf for hair covering as long as the hair is fully restrained. If a headband is worn, hair still needs to be restrained to prevent food contamination. ****direct statement from the code (i) Hair Restraints.
1. Employees preparing or handling food shall use effective and clean, disposable or easily cleanable nets or other hair restraints approved by the Health Authority, worn properly to restrain loose hair including beards and mustaches longer than one half inch.
2. This does not apply to employees such as counter staff who only serve beverages and wrapped or packaged foods, hostesses, and wait staff if they present a minimal risk of contaminating exposed food, clean utensils and linens and unwrapped single-service and single-use articles.
6. What is the best practice for storing employee food?
Areas designated for employees to eat, drink, and use tobacco shall be located so that food, equipment, linens, and single-service and single-use articles are protected from contamination. ---set a specific space away from items being sold to customers, for employee food items. Label that area so that it is easily identifiable
7.Can restaurants serve sodas past their sell-by date?
That would be a quality concern that we would not regulate.
Answered by Fulton County Health Inspectors
Latest Update: May 16, 2022